Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Reichner Wedding | 7.3.15

Over the summer I was asked to photograph an intimate wedding in Cedar Key... little did I know how much I would love my soon to be wedded clients Cheryl and Steve. 
It was just the four of us... well including my other half, Cote, it was just the five of us at a completely awesome tiki bar in Cedar Key called Low-Key Hideaway. I have been to this bar plenty of times in the past and just LOVE the atmosphere... so needless to say I was very excited about this opportunity. Cheryl and Steve are very laid back people who just wanted to quietly elope on Fourth of July weekend before their ceremony in early 2016.
These two shared their personally written vows on a dock in front of snowbirds and bar flies that were complete strangers. There was a conch blown and then cheers! Smiles and tears of happiness and love all around..... and THIS my folks is why I love intimate weddings. THIS was personal.... this whole evening changed my perspective on weddings and what I wanted to document. So after a short 2 hours of photographing we grabbed some beers and wine and ate cake and told stories and laughed... all while sitting and watching the beautiful sun dip below the horizon.
I thank the Bonish's for sending them my name... this was one experience that I won't forget as a photographer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment