Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fall On The Prairie | Haven Hospice

For the past few years our local Haven Hospice has thrown an annual benefit event to raise awareness and collect donations. I attended the first event about 4 or 5 years ago when I was only a freshman in high school volunteering for Haven and I was honored this year to volunteer as a photographer. Throughout high school I volunteered with Hospice because, quite frankly, I needed community service hours in order to receive a Florida Bright Futures scholarship but it ended up being so much more than "just getting your hours worth." I went above and beyond the requirement of hours because to give back to such a great organization meant so much more to me... especially seeing as my Grandfather spent many months in Hospice before he finally passed. I can't say enough about the "home-iness" and the hospitality this organization has. Everyone treats you like family and they try their very hardest to make you feel comfortable in such an emotionally hard time.
So when I got the call from the event coordinator and was asked to photograph the event... I couldn't be more excited! These are just some of the many many images I took at the benefit. 




1 comment:

  1. wow...thats all i can say!! Mindy these pictures are lovely! you did a great job, and those pies and cakes look soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete